"If no one is accusing you of being too legalistic, then you probably aren't living a holy life. If no one is accusing you of being a bleeding heart, then you probably arne't loving enough. If no one is accusing you of being too dogmatic, then you probably aren't standing for the truth. If no one is accusing you or criticizing you, then you probably aren't doing anything significant."















Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's NOT about me?!?

So I turned the TV on this morning and coincidently a preacher was preaching-on a Sunday no less.  He had a full auditorium with eager ears listening to every word that he spoke. Knowing a little bit about the man and seeing how many people filled the auditorium I was inclined to listen. This guy must have something great to say right? Well, it didn't take long for me to realize that what he was saying was completely BOGUS and I can't imagine being him on judgment day. In no way has God ever called us to an easy life and anything good that happens is from God but all that bad stuff that happens- God would never allow that.
I then went to church and heard a completely different message but yet with the same context. God does bless us but usually its after pain and tribulation. Joseph was the example given and how he was in no way at fault for the trials he went through but yet God turned his horrible situation around to good. Look at Job and how he lost everything yet never cursed God. Look at Ruth who was blessed after being hungry and lonely for years. Even Noah. He had to build an ark and put up with all kinds of ridicule from people but yet was amazingly blessed in the end.
As I kind of had a pouty morning I realized that life is indeed NOT about me, about my wants, about what I think is best. Does God care about my desires, wants, and me? Absolutely! Does He want to bless us? Absolutely! Did he say life would always be easy and give us what we want NOW? Absolutely not. But those hard times, those moments where you feel God has deserted you, just think, He's planning something big just for you. It may not be what you expected or wanted but it's going to give Him glory and honor and THAT my friend, is a much better plan than what you could have wanted. All we are asked to do is have faith. So with all that said, is it all about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment